In the final game of a three-game set at Angel Stadium, the Houston Astros (57-30) play the Los Angeles Angels (39-50), Thursday at 8:07 PM ET. On the mound for the Astros will be Framber Valdez (8-4), matched up against the Angels’ Reid Detmers (2-3).
How to Watch Astros vs. Angels
- Game Day: Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:07 PM ET
- TV: AT&T Sportsnet Southwest
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Astros vs. Angels Team Stats
- Kyle Tucker has 12 doubles, 17 home runs and 42 walks while hitting .256.
- Among qualified hitters, Tucker ranks 73rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 41st and he is 32nd in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is batting .243 with 20 doubles, 11 home runs and 51 walks.
- Among the qualifying players, Bregman ranks 94th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage, and 76th in slugging.
- Bregman takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .277 with 17 doubles, 17 home runs and 36 walks.
- Yuli Gurriel is hitting .230 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 19 walks.
- The Astros strike out 9.0 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, seventh-best in MLB.
- Astros pitchers have a combined ERA of 2.98 this year, first-best in baseball.
- Astros pitchers have a 1.103 WHIP this season, third-best in the majors.
- The Astros have allowed the second-fewest home runs this season at just 76, or 0.9 per game.
- They suffered a 7-1 defeat in their most recent game, striking out 17 Angels batters while allowing 12 hits.
- Shohei Ohtani has sent home a team-best 56 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Ohtani ranks 15th in home runs and 16th in RBI.
- Mike Trout’s 24 home runs pace his team.
- Trout is fifth in homers and 21st in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Taylor Ward has a team-best batting average of .288.
- Jared Walsh has 12 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 16 walks while hitting .237.
- The pitching staff for the Angels has a collective 8.6 K/9, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Angels have a 3.91 team ERA that ranks 16th across all league pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Angels combine for the 13th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.243).
- Angels pitchers combine to surrender 97 total home runs at a rate of 1.1 per game (16th-fewest in baseball).
- They defeated the Astros 7-1 in their last game with 15 strikeouts while allowing four hits.
Astros vs. Angels Injuries
- Jason Castro: 10 Day Injury List (Knee), Yordan Alvarez: 10 Day Injury List (Hand), Michael Brantley: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day Injury List (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day Injury List (Forearm), Josh James: 60 Day Injury List (Lat), Blake Taylor: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow)
Find all the top stories and latest news about the Houston Astros.
- Matt Duffy: 10 Day Injury List (Back), Jimmy Herget: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Michael Lorenzen: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), David Fletcher: 60 Day Injury List (Hip), Archie Bradley: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day Injury List (Wrist), Griffin Canning: 60 Day Injury List (Back), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Cooper Criswell: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Mike Trout: day-to-day (Back)
Get all the latest Los Angeles Angels news and updates.
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Astros Upcoming Schedule
Angels Upcoming Schedule
Check out more MLB content here!
If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.