At Minute Maid Park on Wednesday, the Seattle Mariners (25-31) meet the Houston Astros (36-20), with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET. Jose Urquidy (5-2) is the starter for the Astros, and Logan Gilbert (5-2) for the Mariners.
How to Watch Astros vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: AT&T Sportsnet Southwest
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Astros vs. Mariners Team Stats
- Yordan Alvarez has an on-base percentage of .389, a slugging percentage of .622, and has 52 hits, all club-bests for the Astros. He’s batting .289 with five doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 28 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Alvarez ranks 25th in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .260 with seven doubles, 10 home runs and 28 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Tucker’s batting average ranks 68th, his on-base percentage ranks 36th, and he is 30th in the league in slugging.
- Tucker has hit safely in seven games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with a double, three home runs, six walks and seven RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 12 doubles, six home runs and 33 walks while batting .219.
- Jose Altuve is batting .280 with seven doubles, 11 home runs and 16 walks.
- Altuve brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- The Astros average the 19th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.4) in the league this season.
- The Astros have pitched to a 2.97 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- Astros pitchers have a 1.135 WHIP this season, fourth-best in the majors.
- With just 45 homers allowed, the Astros rank third in the league at preventing long balls.
- They earned a 4-1 win in their most recent game, striking out 14 Mariners batters while allowing six hits.
- The Mariners are lead in runs batted in by Ty France with a mark of 37, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .324.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, France is 46th in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has 11 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 25 walks while batting .292.
- Crawford is 113th among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 203rd in RBI.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .245 with 12 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 22 walks.
- Julio Rodriguez is hitting .273 with nine doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- The 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Mariners pitching staff ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Mariners’ 4.15 team ERA ranks 21st across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Mariners average MLB’s 17th-ranked WHIP (1.278).
- The Mariners allow the most home runs in baseball (76 total, 1.4 per game).
- In their 4-1 loss last time out they struck out three Astros batters while allowing seven hits.
Astros vs. Mariners Injuries
- Jacob Meyers: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 15 Day Injury List (Leg), Blake Taylor: 15 Day Injury List (Elbow), Parker Mushinski: 15 Day Injury List (Left elbow), Taylor Jones: 60 Day Injury List (Back), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day Injury List (Forearm)
- Tom Murphy: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Mitch Haniger: 10 Day Injury List (Ankle), Erik Swanson: 15 Day Injury List (Right shouler), Evan White: 60 Day Injury List (Sports hernia), Ken Giles: 60 Day Injury List (Finger), Casey Sadler: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Kyle Lewis: 7 Day Injury List (Concussion)
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a 7-day FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Astros Upcoming Schedule
Mariners Upcoming Schedule