A series opener between the San Francisco Giants (33-26) and Kansas City Royals (20-39) is on deck Monday at 9:45 PM ET, at Oracle Park. Alex Wood (3-5) will start for the Giants, and Brady Singer (3-1) for the Royals.
How to Watch Giants vs. Royals
- Game Day: Monday, June 13, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- TV: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Giants vs. Royals Team Stats
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .243 with 12 doubles, seven home runs and 18 walks.
- Among the qualified batters in MLB play, Flores ranks 100th in batting average, 100th in on-base percentage, and 93rd in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada leads his team with a .410 slugging percentage. He has 12 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks while hitting .277.
- Among the qualifying hitters, Estrada ranks 37th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage, and 85th in slugging.
- Estrada brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Joc Pederson has five doubles, 13 home runs and 14 walks while hitting .267.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 14 doubles, six home runs and 26 walks while batting .275. He has racked up 46 hits with a .377 OBP to pace his team in both.
- The Giants strike out 8.4 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 17th in MLB.
- The Giants have pitched to a 4.06 this season, which ranks 19th in baseball.
- Giants pitchers have a 1.290 WHIP this season, 19th in the majors.
- The Giants have given up the first-fewest long balls so far this season with only 48 home runs allowed.
- They earned a 2-0 win in their most recent game, striking out 10 Dodgers batters while allowing five hits.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a team-best 30 runs batted in.
- Witt Jr. ranks 54th in homers and 59th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Witt Jr. has collected a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .588 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is hitting .221 with 13 doubles, three home runs and 16 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Merrifield ranks 213th in homers and 97th in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi leads the Royals with a team-high batting average of .303.
- Hunter Dozier has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 15 walks while batting .276.
- The Royals pitching staff ranks 29th in the league with a collective 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Royals have the 28th-ranked team ERA among all league pitching staffs (5.23).
- The Royals average MLB’s highest WHIP (1.519).
- The Royals give up the 20th-fewest home runs in baseball (66 total, 1.1 per game).
- They struck out 11 Orioles batters while allowing 15 hits in a 10-7 loss in their last game.
Giants vs. Royals Injuries
- LaMonte Wade Jr: 10 Day Injury List (Left knee), Brandon Belt: 10 Day Injury List (Knee), Jakob Junis: 15 Day Injury List (Groin), Alex Cobb: 15 Day Injury List (Neck strain), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day Injury List (Ankle), Steven Duggar: 60 Day Injury List (Oblique), Evan Longoria: day-to-day (Groin)
Find all the top stories and latest news about the San Francisco Giants.
- Edward Olivares: 10 Day Injury List (Quadricep), Cam Gallagher: 10 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Zack Greinke: 15 Day Injury List (Flexor), Gabe Speier: 15 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Matt Peacock: 15 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day Injury List (Knee), Jake Brentz: 60 Day Injury List (Flexor), Tyler Zuber: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder)
Get all the latest Kansas City Royals news and updates.
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a 7-day FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Giants Upcoming Schedule
Royals Upcoming Schedule
|6/8/2022||Blue Jays||W 8-4||Home|