At Oracle Park on Tuesday, the Detroit Tigers (28-44) begin a two-game series versus the San Francisco Giants (39-33), at 9:45 PM ET. On the mound for the Giants will be Carlos Rodon (6-4), opposed by the Tigers’ Tarik Skubal (5-5).
How to Watch Giants vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- TV: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Giants vs. Tigers Team Stats
- Thairo Estrada has a .399 slugging percentage, which leads the Giants. He’s batting .265 with 12 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB action, Estrada’s batting average ranks 53rd, his on-base percentage ranks 88th, and he is 98th in the league in slugging.
- Estrada brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Wilmer Flores is batting .245 with 13 doubles, nine home runs and 21 walks.
- Flores ranks 94th in batting average, 96th in on base percentage, and 85th in slugging in MLB play.
- Joc Pederson is hitting .273 with six doubles, 17 home runs and 18 walks.
- Pederson has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, two home runs and two RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 16 doubles, eight home runs and 32 walks while hitting .245. He paces his team with 52 hits and a .347 OBP.
- The Giants strike out 8.4 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 17th in MLB.
- Giants pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.02 this year, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Giants rank 17th in MLB with a combined 1.261 WHIP this season.
- The Giants have allowed the second-fewest home runs this season at just 63, or 0.9 per game.
- They struck out six Reds hitters while allowing 15 base hits in a 10-3 loss last time out.
- Javier Baez has managed a team-high seven home runs and has driven in 25 runs.
- In all of MLB, Baez is 105th in home runs and 149th in RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop has 12 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 10 walks while hitting .195.
- Schoop ranks 132nd in homers and 176th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Harold Castro is batting .280 with eight doubles, two triples, four home runs and four walks.
- Miguel Cabrera paces the Tigers with a .296 batting average.
- The Tigers pitching staff ranks 23rd in MLB with a collective 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Tigers’ 4.09 team ERA ranks 21st across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Tigers have the 14th-ranked WHIP in the league (1.250).
- The Tigers allow the 10th-fewest home runs in baseball (74 total, 1.0 per game).
- In their 11-7 loss last time out they struck out four Diamondbacks batters while allowing 13 hits.
Giants vs. Tigers Injuries
- LaMonte Wade Jr: 10 Day Injury List (Knee), Luis González: 10 Day Injury List (Back), Brandon Crawford: 10 Day Injury List (Knee), José Álvarez: 15 Day Injury List (Back), Jakob Junis: 15 Day Injury List (Groin), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Sam Delaplane: 60 Day Injury List (Undisclosed)
Find all the top stories and latest news about the San Francisco Giants.
- Austin Meadows: 10 Day Injury List (Covid-19), Matt Manning: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Michael Pineda: 15 Day Injury List (Finger), Jake Rogers: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), José Cisnero: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Kyle Funkhouser: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Casey Mize: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow)
Get all the latest Detroit Tigers news and updates.
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Giants Upcoming Schedule
Tigers Upcoming Schedule
|6/21/2022||Red Sox||L 5-4||Away|
|6/22/2022||Red Sox||L 6-2||Away|