Two clubs on losing streaks — the San Diego Padres (two in a row) and the Chicago Cubs (six straight) — clash on Monday at 8:05 PM ET, at Wrigley Field. The Padres will give the start to Yu Darvish (5-3), and the Cubs will turn to Justin Steele (1-5).
How to Watch Padres vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Monday, June 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- TV: Marquee Sports Network
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Padres vs. Cubs Team Stats
- Manny Machado has accumulated an on-base percentage of .394, a slugging percentage of .535, and has 73 hits, all club-bests for the Padres. He’s batting .323 with 16 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 26 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Machado ranks sixth in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks seventh and he is 13th in slugging.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .248 with 13 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 32 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Profar’s batting average ranks 88th, his on-base percentage ranks 54th, and he is 77th in the league in slugging.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .221 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 26 walks.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .282 with 11 doubles, four home runs and 19 walks.
- The Padres average nine strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, 10th-most in the league.
- The Padres have the fifth-best ERA (3.31) in the majors this season.
- The Padres have a combined WHIP of just 1.133 as a pitching staff, which is the fourth-best in baseball this season.
- The Padres have given up the fourth-fewest long balls so far this season with only 50 home runs allowed.
- They struck out 10 Rockies hitters while allowing nine base hits in a 4-2 loss last time out.
- Ian Happ leads the team in batting average with a mark of .275.
- In all of the big leagues, Happ is 68th in homers and 59th in RBI.
- Willson Contreras is batting .267 with 10 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 25 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Contreras ranks 37th in home runs and 123rd in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has been a significant run producer for the Cubs with 12 home runs and 31 runs batted in.
- Frank Schwindel has driven in the most runs for the Cubs with 31 runs batted in.
- The Cubs pitching staff ranks 12th in the league with a collective 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Cubs have a 4.60 team ERA that ranks 26th across all league pitching staffs.
- The Cubs have the 22nd-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.323).
- The Cubs give up the most home runs in baseball (83 total, 1.4 per game).
- In their 18-4 loss last time out they struck out seven Yankees batters while allowing 17 hits.
Padres vs. Cubs Injuries
- Wil Myers: 10 Day Injury List (Knee), Matt Beaty: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Mike Clevinger: 10 Day Injury List (Covid-19), Adrian Morejon: 10 Day Injury List (Covid-19), Robert Suarez: 15 Day Injury List (Knee), Fernando Tatis Jr.: 60 Day Injury List (Wrist), Austin Adams: 60 Day Injury List (Forearm), Pierce Johnson: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Drew Pomeranz: 60 Day Injury List (Undisclosed)
Find all the top stories and latest news about the San Diego Padres.
- Michael Hermosillo: 10 Day Injury List (Covid), Seiya Suzuki: 10 Day Injury List (Finger), Wade Miley: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Marcus Stroman: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Drew Smyly: 15 Day Injury List (Oblique), Brad Wieck: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), David Bote: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Adbert Alzolay: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Codi Heuer: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Manuel Rodriguez: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Nick Madrigal: day-to-day (Groin)
Get all the latest Chicago Cubs news and updates.
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a 7-day FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Padres Upcoming Schedule
Cubs Upcoming Schedule