On Wednesday, the New York Yankees (40-15) are visiting the Minnesota Twins (32-25), at 7:40 PM ET. The Yankees have won seven in a row. On the hill for the Yankees will be Nestor Cortes (5-1), opposed by the Twins’ Chris Archer (0-2).
How to Watch Yankees vs. Twins
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: FOX Sports Networks
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Yankees vs. Twins Team Stats
- Aaron Judge has put up an on-base percentage of .385, a slugging percentage of .685, and has 64 hits, all club-highs for the Yankees. He’s hitting .315 with nine doubles, 22 home runs and 25 walks.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB play, Judge’s batting average ranks 11th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is first in the league in slugging.
- Judge has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .213 with 10 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 23 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 145th in batting average, 99th in on base percentage, and 21st in slugging in MLB play.
- Rizzo has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three home runs and nine RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .270 with 12 doubles, four home runs and 21 walks.
- Gleyber Torres has seven doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and nine walks while hitting .247.
- The Yankees have a 9.2 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, fifth-best in baseball.
- The Yankees have the first-best ERA (2.77) in the majors this season.
- The Yankees have a combined WHIP of just 1.046 as a pitching staff, which is the first-best in baseball this season.
- The Yankees have given up the fewest long balls so far this season with only 39 home runs allowed.
- They struck out seven Twins batters while allowing 12 hits in a 10-4 win last time out.
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .361 batting average.
- Arraez is 302nd in home runs and 216th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Arraez brings a hitting streak of four games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .444 with a walk and an RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .255 with seven doubles, a triple, six home runs and 24 walks.
- Kepler ranks 78th in home runs and 64th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Jorge Polanco has collected a team-high 31 runs batted in.
- Gio Urshela has six doubles, five home runs and 16 walks while batting .274.
- The pitching staff for the Twins has a collective 8.5 K/9, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Twins’ 3.78 team ERA ranks 14th among all league pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Twins combine for the 14th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.247).
- Twins pitchers combine to give up 63 total home runs at a rate of 1.1 per game (24th-fewest in baseball).
- They struck out 10 Yankees batters while giving up 14 hits in a 10-4 loss in their last game.
Yankees vs. Twins Injuries
- Jonathan Loaisiga: 15 Day Injury List (Right shoulder), Aroldis Chapman: 15 Day Injury List (Achilles), Chad Green: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Domingo Germán: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Zack Britton: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Ben Rortvedt: 60 Day Injury List (Oblique), Stephen Ridings: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder)
- Carlos Correa: 10 Day Injury List (Covid-19), Kyle Garlick: 10 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Royce Lewis: 10 Day Injury List (Knee), Joe Ryan: 10 Day Injury List (Covid-19), Danny Coulombe: 15 Day Injury List (Hip), Sonny Gray: 15 Day Injury List (Pectoral), Cody Stashak: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Bailey Ober: 15 Day Injury List (Groin), Josh Winder: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Miguel Sanó: 60 Day Injury List (Knee), Kenta Maeda: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Chris Paddack: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Randy Dobnak: 60 Day Injury List (Finger), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Jhon Romero: 60 Day Injury List (Biceps), Luis Arraez: day-to-day (Undisclosed)
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a 7-day FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Yankees Upcoming Schedule
Twins Upcoming Schedule
|6/3/2022||Blue Jays||W 9-3||Away|
|6/4/2022||Blue Jays||L 12-3||Away|
|6/5/2022||Blue Jays||W 8-6||Away|