The Seattle Seahawks continue to navigate through this offseason with lingering talk around Russell Wilson. The Seahawks’ internal issues have become the anchoring point for possible trade scenarios for Wilson. Despite the outside noise, the Seahawks have made their intentions clear again regarding the eight-time Pro Bowler.
Russell Wilson remains frustrated in Seattle
Since Super Bowl 55, the Seahawks have dealt with constant chatter around Russell Wilson’s future.
Wilson’s decision to publicly air his frustrations with the franchise has created an uncertain discussion around him. Things have only become murkier after reports detailed the internal issues that have lingered, ranging from Pete Carroll’s control in Seattle to the 32-year-old’s lack of say in the offensive direction.
The conversation ramped up after Wilson’s agent provided a list of teams where he would welcome a trade. The talks haven’t progressed beyond that point, but it has opened the door to other franchises making a push to acquire him.
With that said, the Seahawks have once again made their intentions clear with their star quarterback.
The Seattle Seahawks just sent another clear message about Russell Wilson’s future
Since Russell Wilson aired his frustration with his situation in Seattle, the Chicago Bears remained hovering around the matter.
Their pursuit of the eight-time Pro Bowler came to an end on Tuesday after electing to sign Andy Dalton to a one-year, $10 million deal. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bears made a “very aggressive” pursuit of Wilson before bringing aboard Dalton.
Chicago had been circled as one of the few landing spots that the 32-year-old would welcome a trade. The franchise went all in to acquire Wilson but was denied an opportunity to land him.
Longtime sports broadcaster Dan Patrick stated on The Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday that a source told him the Bears offered three first-round picks, a third-round selection, and two starters.
Patrick also voiced that it was head coach Pete Carroll that elected not to move on from Wilson. All that comes after the initial reports suggested that the Seahawks would need at least three first-round picks to get the trade conversation started.
At least through this juncture, Carroll and the Seahawks haven’t moved to the point where trading Wilson is feasible in their minds.
Path remains the same in Seattle
There remains plenty of internal issues to work through in Seattle, but the franchise is still fully committed to Russell Wilson.
As proven through the Seahawks’ action so far this offseason, the team still has a strong belief it can work through the matter with their star quarterback. Wilson may be open to a trade, but the preferred route is to make the necessary changes within the franchise to push them forward.
The 32-year-old holds a strong desire to lead Seattle to more than division titles and playoff berths. The Seahawks haven’t been able to move past that over the last several seasons, and Wilson believes his increased input on roster personnel moves would help finally get them over the hump.
His intentions have always been geared toward better the team and getting into Super Bowl contention. That’s likely the Seahawks’ feeling regarding the entire matter and not any notion that their issues are unfixable with a trade being the only resolution.
Until the franchise feels that they have reached that breaking point, Wilson will continue to lead the charge in Seattle.