Pierce captained the Celtics, joining the All-NBA team four times and becoming a 10-time All-Star. “The Truth” led the franchise to two NBA Finals and the 2008 NBA championship alongside Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.
In 2000, Pierce was the victim of a stabbing at a nightclub and was rushed to the hospital. He started every game of the Celtics’ next season despite requiring lung surgery. After a trade to the Brooklyn Nets and move to the Washington Wizards, Pierce played two seasons in LA with the Clippers. He announced his retirement in 2017; the Celtics retired his jersey one year later.
- Former teams: Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Washington Wizards, and Los Angeles Clippers
- Position: Small forward and shooting guard
- Height: 6’7″
- Accomplishments: 2008 NBA Champion, 2007-08 Finals MVP, four-time All-NBA, 10-time All-Star, and 2021 Hall of Fame induction
- Drafted: No. 10 overall in 1998 by the Boston Celtics
- Shoots: Right
- Nicknames: The Truth, P-Double