For college football fans all over the country, signing day represents an influx of new talent and new hope for the coming season.
With help from the recruiting experts at Rivals.com and ESPN, we have compiled a list of the top five college football recruiting classes in the country for 2015. Here’s a look at what we came up with.
*Rankings are based on the combined average of each team’s Rivals.com and ESPN national ranking.
- Rivals.com ranking: 5
- ESPN ranking: 5
- Average ranking: 5
Head coach Butch Jones is entering his third season on the job after leading the Volunteers to a win in the TaxSlayer Bowl in 2014. Jones and his staff signed a 2015 recruiting class that could be a major step in their quest to return to the top of the SEC. The class is loaded with offensive and defensive line prospects, with the top signee being defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie, the son of Oakland Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie.
- Kahlil McKenzie, defensive tackle
- Drew Richmond, offensive tackle
- Kyle Phillips, defensive end
- Alvin Kamara, running back
- Shy Tuttle, defensive tackle
- Rivals.com ranking: 4
- ESPN ranking: 4
- Average ranking: 4
The Clemson Tigers have reeled off four straight 10-win seasons in large part due to their strong recruiting classes in recent years. Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney and his staff have signed another stellar recruiting class in 2015, led by wide receiver Deon Cain.
- Deon Cain, wide receiver
- Mitch Hyatt, offensive line
- Christian Wilkins, defensive tackle
- Ray-Ray McCloud III, athlete
- Jake Fruhmorgen, offensive line
3. Florida State
- Rivals.com ranking: 3
- ESPN ranking: 2
- Average ranking: 2.5
Head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff continued their trend of winning the state of Florida on the recruiting trail in 2015. The Seminoles added size and elite-level speed all over the field, and also signed one of the top quarterback prospects in the country.
- George Campbell, wide receiver
- Derwin James, safety
- Josh Sweat, defensive end
- Tarvarus McFadden, cornerback
- Deondre Francois, quarterback
- Rivals.com ranking: 1
- ESPN ranking: 3
- Average ranking: 2
USC head coach Steve Sarkisian and his staff put together a 2015 class that has Trojan fans excited about the possibility of returning to the dominant ways of the Pete Carroll era in the mid-2000s. Expectations are through the roof for the Trojans in 2015.
- Iman Marshall, cornerback
- Rasheem Green, defensive line
- John Houston Jr., linebacker
- Chuma Edoga, offensive line
- Osa Masina, linebacker
- Rivals.com ranking: 2
- ESPN ranking: 1
- Average ranking: 1.5
This was Alabama’s fourth straight year with the No. 1 recruiting class in the country in ESPN’s rankings. The rich are getting richer in Tuscaloosa.
- Blake Barnett, quarterback
- Calvin Ridley, wide receiver
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, cornerback
- Damien Harris, running back
- Kendall Sheffield, cornerback
- Da’Ron Payne, defensive tackle