NFL Playoff Picture 2022: Who’s In and Who’s Out Heading Into Week 15?
With just four weeks remaining on the 2022 regular-season schedule, just one team has clinched a spot in the NFL Playoffs thus far, although we could get a few more in Week 15.
With a dominant win over the New York Giants on Sunday, the Philadelphia Eagles moved to 12-1 and officially punched their ticket to the postseason for the second straight year. They still can’t clinch the NFC East, as the Dallas Cowboys are still just two games back at 10-3 after surviving a scare from the Houston Texans.
The top five in the NFC remained the same from a week ago, but the Washington Commanders jumped from sixth to eighth during their bye week as the New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks both took losses in Week 14. The Giants dropped from sixth to seventh, while Seattle fell to eighth.
As for the AFC, the Buffalo Bills kept the top spot with a revenge win over the New York Jets, while the Kansas City Chiefs remain in the No. 2 slot after surviving a scare of their own against the Denver Broncos.
Slots three through six also remained the same from last week, but we’ve got a new No. 7 as the New England Patriots leapfrogged the New York Jets for the final slot. Gang Green actually fell to ninth as they were also passed by the Los Angeles Chargers.
Let’s take a look at the whole NFL playoff picture heading into Week 15.
NFL Playoff Picture 2022: Who’s in and who’s out in the NFC heading into Week 15?
As MVP frontrunner Jalen Hurts and his Eagles continue to own the best record in the NFL, we’ll once again kick things off in the NFC. Here’s who’s in.
- 1. Philadelphia Eagles (12-1, 1st NFC East)
- 2. Minnesota Vikings (10-3, 1st NFC North)
- 3. San Francisco 49ers (9-4, 1st NFC West)
- 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-7, 1st NFC South)
- 5. Dallas Cowboys (10-3, 2nd NFC East)
- 6. Washington Commanders (7-5-1, 3rd NFC East)
- 7. New York Giants (7-5-1, 4th NFC East)
And here’s who’s out.
- 8. Seattle Seahawks (7-6, 2nd NFC West)
- 9. Detroit Lions (6-7, 2nd NFC North)
- 10. Green Bay Packers (5-8, 3rd NFC North)
- 11. Carolina Panthers (5-8, 2nd NFC South)
- 12. Atlanta Falcons (5-8, 3rd NFC South)
- 13. Arizona Cardinals (4-9, 3rd NFC West)
- 14. New Orleans Saints (4-9, 4th NFC South)
- 15. Los Angeles Rams (4-9, 4th NFC West)
Eliminated: Chicago Bears (3-10, 4th NFC North)
NFL Playoff Picture 2022: Who’s in and who’s out in the AFC heading into Week 15?
And here’s a look at the AFC playoff picture. Here’s who’s in.
- 1. Buffalo Bills (10-3, 1st AFC East)
- 2. Kansas City Chiefs (10-3, 1st AFC West)
- 3. Baltimore Ravens (9-4, 1st AFC North)
- 4. Tennessee Titans (7-6, 1st AFC South)
- 5. Cincinnati Bengals (9-4, 2nd AFC North)
- 6. Miami Dolphins (8-5, 2nd AFC East)
- 7. New England Patriots (7-6, 3rd AFC East)
And here’s who’s out.
- 8. Los Angeles Chargers (7-6, 2nd AFC West)
- 9. New York Jets (7-6, 4th AFC East)
- 10. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-8, 2nd NFC South)
- 11. Las Vegas Raiders (5-8, 3rd AFC West)
- 12. Cleveland Browns (5-8, 3rd AFC North)
- 13. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-8, 4th AFC North)
- 14. Indianapolis Colts (4-8-1, 3rd AFC South)
Eliminated: Denver Broncos (3-10, 4th AFC West), Houston Texans (1-11-1, 4th AFC South)
Have thoughts on this topic? Keep the conversation rolling in our comments section below.