What the NFL Playoffs Picture Looks Like Heading Into Week 13
With Week 12 of the 2022 campaign officially in the books, it’s once again time to see what the NFL Playoffs would look like if the season ended today.
The Philadelphia Eagles continued their march toward the best record in franchise history as Jalen Hurts & Co. moved to 10-1 with a 40-33 shootout win over Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers, who dropped to 4-8 with the loss and are essentially done.
We’ve got one change from last week in the NFC as the Washington Commanders took over the No. 7 spot from the Seattle Seahawks, meaning all four teams from the NFC East currently hold postseason slots.
The Kansas City Chiefs continue to sit atop the AFC standings following a 26-10 victory over the defending Super Bowl champion LA Rams. Slots 2-5 remain the same from a week ago, but we got a little movement at the bottom as the Cincinnati Bengals jumped up one spot to No. 6 while the New York Jets slid into the No. 7 space.
The New England Patriots dropped from sixth to eighth following a Thanksgiving night loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
Let’s take a look at the whole picture.
NFL Playoffs: What the NFC postseason picture would look like if the season ended today
As the Eagles still own the best record in the NFL, we’ll again kick things off in the NFC. Here’s who’s in.
- 1. Philadelphia Eagles (10-1, 1st NFC East)
- 2. Minnesota Vikings (9-2, 1st NFC North)
- 3. San Francisco 49ers (7-4, 1st NFC West)
- 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-6, 1st NFC South)
- 5. Dallas Cowboys (8-3, 2nd NFC East)
- 6. New York Giants (7-4, 3rd NFC East)
- 7. Washington Commanders (7-5, 4th NFC East)
And here’s who’s out.
- 8. Seattle Seahawks (6-5, 2nd NFC West)
- 9. Atlanta Falcons (5-7, 2nd NFC South)
- 10. Detroit Lions (4-7, 2nd NFC North)
- 11. Green Bay Packers (4-8, 3rd NFC North)
- 12. Carolina Panthers (4-8, 3rd NFC South)
- 13. Arizona Cardinals (4-8, 3rd NFC West)
- 14. New Orleans Saints (4-8, 4th NFC South)
- 15. Los Angeles Rams (3-8, 4th NFC West)
- 16. Chicago Bears (3-9, 4th NFC North)
NFL Playoffs: What the AFC postseason picture would look like if the season ended today
And now a look at the AFC playoff picture. Here’s who’s in.
- 1. Kansas City Chiefs (9-2, 1st AFC West)
- 2. Miami Dolphins (8-3, 1st AFC East)
- 3. Tennessee Titans (7-4, 1st AFC South)
- 4. Baltimore Ravens (7-4, 1st AFC North)
- 5. Buffalo Bills (8-3, 2nd AFC East)
- 6. Cincinnati Bengals (7-4, 2nd AFC North)
- 7. New York Jets (7-4, 3rd AFC East)
And here’s who’s out.
- 8. New England Patriots (6-5, 4th AFC East)
- 9. Los Angeles Chargers (6-5, 2nd AFC West)
- 10. Indianapolis Colts (4-7-1, 2nd AFC South)
- 11. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7, 3rd AFC South)
- 12. Las Vegas Raiders (4-7, 3rd AFC West)
- 13. Cleveland Browns (4-7, 3rd AFC North)
- 14. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-7, 4th AFC North)
- 15. Denver Broncos (3-8, 4th AFC West)
- 16. Houston Texans (1-9-1, 4th AFC South)
Have thoughts on this topic? Keep the conversation rolling in our comments section below.