What the NFL Playoffs Picture Looks Like Heading Into Week 12
Week 11 of the 2022 season is in the books, and we saw plenty of movement as it pertains to what the NFL Playoffs would look like if they started today.
The top two seeds from a week ago remain in the NFC in the Philadelphia Eagles and the Minnesota Vikings, but the San Francisco 49ers moved into the No. 3 spot as they’ve overtaken the Seattle Seahawks atop the NFC West. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers remain the No. 4 seed as the first-place team in the NFC South at 5-5.
The Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants, and the Seahawks round out the top seven.
The top four seeds in the AFC remain unchanged this week. The Kansas City Chiefs, who moved to 8-2 with their comeback win over the LA Chargers, sit at No. 1, with the Miami Dolphins, Tennessee Titans, and Baltimore Ravens taking the next three spots.
A week ago, the three other AFC East teams took up the three wild-card spots in the AFC, but just two remain. The Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots sit at No. 5 and No. 6, respectively, and the Cincinnati Bengals have slid into the No. 7 slot, knocking out the New York Jets.
Let’s take a look at the whole picture.
NFL Playoffs: What the NFC postseason picture would look like if the season ended today
As the Philadelphia Eagles continue to have the best record in the NFL, we’ll once again kick things off in the NFC. Here’s who’s in.
- No. 1: Philadelphia Eagles (9-1, 1st NFC East)
- No. 2: Minnesota Vikings (8-2, 1st NFC North)
- No. 3: San Francisco 49ers (6-4, 1st NFC West)
- No. 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-5, 1st NFC South)
- No. 5: Dallas Cowboys (7-3, 2nd NFC East)
- No. 6: New York Giants (7-3, 3rd NFC East)
- No. 7: Seattle Seahawks (6-4, 2nd NFC West)
And here’s who’s out.
- No. 8: Washington Commanders (6-5, 4th NFC East)
- No. 9: Atlanta Falcons (5-6, 2nd NFC South)
- No. 10: Detroit Lions (4-6, 2nd NFC North)
- No. 11: Green Bay Packers (4-7, 3rd NFC North)
- No. 12: New Orleans Saints (4-7, 3rd NFC South)
- No. 13: Arizona Cardinals (4-7, 3rd NFC West)
- No. 14: Los Angeles Rams (3-7, 4th NFC West)
- No. 15: Carolina Panthers (3-8, 4th NFC South)
- No. 16: Chicago Bears (3-8, 4th NFC North)
NFL Playoffs: What the AFC postseason picture would look like if the season ended today
And now a look at the AFC playoff picture. Here’s who’s in.
- No. 1: Kansas City Chiefs (8-2, 1st AFC West)
- No. 2: Miami Dolphins (7-3, 1st AFC East)
- No. 3: Tennessee Titans (7-3, 1st AFC South)
- No. 4: Baltimore Ravens (7-3, 1st AFC North)
- No. 5: Buffalo Bills (7-3, 2nd AFC East)
- No. 6: New England Patriots (6-4, 3rd AFC East)
- No. 7: Cincinnati Bengals (6-4, 2nd AFC North)
And here’s who’s out.
- No. 8: New York Jets (6-4, 4th AFC East)
- No. 9: Los Angeles Chargers (5-5, 2nd AFC West)
- No. 10: Indianapolis Colts (4-6-1, 2nd AFC South)
- No. 11: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7, 3rd AFC South)
- No. 12: Las Vegas Raiders (3-7, 3rd AFC West)
- No. 13: Cleveland Browns (3-7, 3rd AFC North)
- No. 14: Denver Broncos (3-7, 4th AFC West)
- No. 15: Pittsburgh Steelers (3-7, 4th AFC North)
- No. 16: Houston Texans (1-8-1, 4th AFC South)
Have thoughts on this topic? Keep the conversation rolling in our comments section below.