At PNC Park on Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-29) take on the Detroit Tigers (22-33), with first pitch at 12:35 PM ET. The starting pitchers are Mitch Keller (2-5) for the Pirates, and Tarik Skubal (5-2) for the Tigers.
How to Watch Pirates vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Get Access Now!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Pirates vs. Tigers Team Stats
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a .376 on-base percentage and a .393 slugging percentage, both team-best averages for the Pirates. He’s hitting .290 with 13 doubles, two home runs and 24 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB play, Hayes ranks 25th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage, and 103rd in slugging.
- Hayes has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up 42 hits to pace his team, and has seven doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 23 walks while batting .221.
- Among qualified hitters, Reynolds ranks 129th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage, and 99th in slugging.
- Michael Chavis is batting .272 with six doubles, two triples, five home runs and seven walks.
- Daniel Vogelbach has five doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .242.
- The Pirates strike out 8.2 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 21st in MLB.
- The Pirates have the 24th-ranked ERA (4.36) in the majors this season.
- Pirates pitchers have a 1.370 WHIP this season, 25th in the majors.
- The Pirates have given up the 11th-fewest long balls so far this season with 53 home runs allowed.
- They struck out 10 Tigers hitters while allowing 11 base hits in a 5-3 loss last time out.
- Jonathan Schoop has collected a team-best five home runs.
- In all of the majors, Schoop is 112th in homers and 157th in RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera’s 19 runs batted in and .298 batting average both pace his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Cabrera is 195th in homers and 142nd in RBI.
- Harold Castro has six doubles, a triple, four home runs and three walks while batting .284.
- Austin Meadows has four doubles, two triples and 12 walks while hitting .257.
- The pitching staff for the Tigers has a collective 7.9 K/9, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Tigers’ 3.62 team ERA ranks seventh among all league pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Tigers combine for the No. 8-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.175).
- The Tigers allow the 12th-fewest home runs in baseball (54 total, one per game).
- In their 5-3 win last time out they struck out 10 Pirates batters while allowing six hits.
Pirates vs. Tigers Injuries
- Jake Marisnick: 10 Day Injury List (Thumb), Ben Gamel: 10 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Josh VanMeter: 10 Day Injury List (Finger), Yoshitomo Tsutsugo: 10 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Heath Hembree: 15 Day Injury List (Right calf), Dillon Peters: 15 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Greg Allen: 60 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Kevin Newman: 60 Day Injury List (Groin), Blake Cederlind: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Nick Mears: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow)
- Robbie Grossman: 10 Day Injury List (Neck), Victor Reyes: 10 Day Injury List (Quadricep), Jeimer Candelario: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Matt Manning: 10 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Eduardo Rodríguez: 15 Day Injury List (Ribcage), Michael Pineda: 15 Day Injury List (Finger), Tyler Alexander: 15 Day Injury List (Elbow), Jake Rogers: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Spencer Turnbull: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), José Cisnero: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Kyle Funkhouser: 60 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Casey Mize: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Derek Hill: day-to-day (Undisclosed)
Ready to watch the game? Get Access Now!
Pirates Upcoming Schedule
Tigers Upcoming Schedule