The Pittsburgh Pirates (24-30) will visit the Atlanta Braves (30-27), Thursday at 7:20 PM ET, in the opener of a four-game series. Max Fried (5-2) will start for the Braves, and JT Brubaker (0-5) for the Pirates.
How to Watch Braves vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Braves vs. Pirates Team Stats
- Austin Riley has a team-high slugging percentage (.529) and leads the Braves in hits (58). He’s batting .260 with 13 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 20 walks.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB play, Riley ranks 69th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage, and 15th in slugging.
- Matt Olson has 24 doubles, seven home runs and 35 walks while hitting .258, and leads his team with a .362 OBP.
- Among qualifying batters, Olson ranks 74th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage, and 35th in slugging.
- Olson heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .318 with six doubles, two home runs, three walks and 13 RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .248 with 14 doubles, seven home runs and 13 walks.
- Albies has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .273 with 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 21 walks.
- Swanson takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double and three walks.
- The Braves average 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, fourth-most in the league.
- Braves pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.89 this year, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Braves have a combined WHIP of 1.262 as a pitching staff, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Braves have allowed the second-fewest home runs this season at just 44, or 0.8 per game.
- They struck out seven Athletics batters while allowing eight hits in a 13-2 win last time out.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has a team-leading batting average of .285 while pacing the Pirates in runs batted in with a mark of 20.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Hayes is 247th in home runs and 132nd in RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds has hit a team-high eight home runs.
- Reynolds is 48th overall in home runs and 208th in RBI this year.
- Daniel Vogelbach is batting .236 with five doubles, a triple, six home runs and 17 walks.
- Michael Chavis is batting .270 with six doubles, two triples, five home runs and seven walks.
- The pitching staff for the Pirates has a collective 8.2 K/9, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Pirates have a 4.33 team ERA that ranks 24th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Pirates have the 25th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.368).
- The Pirates give up the ninth-fewest home runs in baseball (53 total, one per game).
- They struck out 11 Tigers batters while giving up nine hits in a 3-1 loss in their last game.
Braves vs. Pirates Injuries
- Collin McHugh: 10 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Tyler Matzek: 15 Day Injury List (Shoulder), Mike Soroka: 60 Day Injury List (Achilles), Eddie Rosario: 60 Day Injury List (Eye), Kirby Yates: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Manny Piña: 60 Day Injury List (Wrist), Luke Jackson: 60 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Jay Jackson: 60 Day Injury List (Lat), Travis d’Arnaud: day-to-day (Forearm)
- Jake Marisnick: 10 Day Injury List (Thumb), Ben Gamel: 10 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Josh VanMeter: 10 Day Injury List (Finger), Yoshitomo Tsutsugo: 10 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Heath Hembree: 15 Day Injury List (Right calf), Dillon Peters: 15 Day Injury List (Undisclosed), Greg Allen: 60 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day Injury List (Hamstring), Kevin Newman: 60 Day Injury List (Groin), Blake Cederlind: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow), Nick Mears: 60 Day Injury List (Elbow)
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a 7-day FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Braves Upcoming Schedule
Pirates Upcoming Schedule