At Target Field on Friday, the Chicago White Sox (three straight victories) play the Minnesota Twins at 8:10 PM ET. Devin Smeltzer (4-2) will start for the Twins, and Michael Kopech (2-6) for the White Sox.
How to Watch Twins vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Friday, July 15, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
- Check out more MLB content here!
Twins vs. White Sox Team Stats
- Luis Arraez has a team-high OBP (.417) and slugging percentage (.444), while hitting .343 with 16 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 36 walks.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, Arraez’s batting average ranks first, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is 61st in the league in slugging.
- Max Kepler has 13 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 41 walks while hitting .252.
- Among the qualified hitters, Kepler ranks 78th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 89th in slugging.
- Kepler heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .500 with two doubles and a walk.
- Jorge Polanco is batting .238 with 10 doubles, 13 home runs and 43 walks.
- Byron Buxton has 11 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 23 walks while hitting .212, and he paces his team with 56 hits.
- The Twins average the 22nd-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.1) in the league this season.
- The Twins have pitched to a 3.83 this season, which ranks 13th in baseball.
- The Twins have a combined 1.230 WHIP as a pitching staff, eighth-lowest in MLB.
- The Twins have given up the fifth-most long balls so far this season with 107 home runs allowed.
- Last time out, they fell to the White Sox, 12-2, with five strikeouts and 17 hits allowed.
White Sox Hitting
- Jose Abreu is hitting .301 with 24 doubles, 11 home runs and 41 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .382.
- Abreu’s home run total places him 71st in the majors, and he is 47th in RBI.
- Abreu has collected a hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .450 with a double, a home run and five RBI.
- Luis Robert has hit 12 home runs with 54 runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Robert ranks 59th overall in home runs and 20th in RBI this season.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .285 with 14 doubles, nine home runs and 17 walks.
- Tim Anderson leads the team in batting average with a mark of .312.
White Sox Pitching
- The pitching staff for the White Sox has a collective 9.3 K/9, the fourth-best in the majors.
- The White Sox have a 4.03 team ERA that ranks 19th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the White Sox combine for the 24th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.333).
- White Sox pitchers combine to allow the 15th-fewest home runs in baseball (97 total, 1.1 per game).
- In their 12-2 win last time out they struck out eight Twins batters while allowing 11 hits.
Twins vs. White Sox Injuries
- Trevor Larnach: 10 Day IL (Core), Danny Coulombe: 15 Day IL (Hip), Chris Archer: 15 Day IL (Hip), Bailey Ober: 15 Day IL (Groin), Miguel Sanó: 60 Day IL (Knee), Kenta Maeda: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Royce Lewis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Cody Stashak: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Randy Dobnak: 60 Day IL (Finger), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jhon Romero: 60 Day IL (Biceps)
Find all the top stories and latest news about the Minnesota Twins.
White Sox Injuries
- Jake Burger: 10 Day IL (Hand), Yasmani Grandal: 10 Day IL (Back), Aaron Bummer: 15 Day IL (Lat), Kyle Crick: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Vince Velásquez: 15 Day IL (Finger), Danny Mendick: 60 Day IL (Knee), Jonathan Stiever: 60 Day IL (Lat), Garrett Crochet: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eloy Jiménez: day-to-day (Leg)
Get all the latest Chicago White Sox news and updates.
Ready to watch the game? Live stream it with a FREE TRIAL from fuboTV!
Twins Upcoming Schedule
|7/14/2022||White Sox||L 12-2||Home|
White Sox Upcoming Schedule
Check out more MLB content here!
If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.