Highest-Paid NASCAR Drivers 2023: Kyle Busch Makes Nearly $4 Million More Than His Competition
NASCAR is among the most popular sports in America, and like any other popular sport, the top performers get paid plenty of money.
Kyle Busch is one of the faces of the sport, as well as one of the top performers, so it’s not surprising that he’s the best-paid right now, as well. But he’s not alone in lofty territory.
Here’s a look at the highest-paid NASCAR drivers in 2023.
5. Brad Keselowski, RFK Racing: $9,400,000
Brad Keselowski doesn’t have an eight-figure salary like the other top drivers, per Ranker, but he’s well-compensated by RFK Racing.
He had spent most of his career at Team Penske, but in 2021, he decided to sign with RFK Racing, not only as a driver but also as an owner. Since he’s a team co-owner, it’s unlikely he’ll leave anytime soon.
4. Martin Truex Jr., Joe Gibbs Racing: $10,400,000
Martin Truex Jr. has raced for Joe Gibbs Racing since 2017, and he’s earned a consistently sizeable amount of money since joining the team.
That said, he’s 43, and his contract situation is fluid, as his most recent deal with his team was a one-year pact. He’s hinted at retiring or switching to another team, so multiple possibilities exist for 2024 and beyond.
3. Kevin Harvick, Stewart-Haas Racing: $10,900,000
Kevin Harvick, 47, is the oldest NASCAR driver right now and will likely retire after the 2023 season.
His nearly $11,000,000 annual earnings should make it easy for him to hang up the driving gloves, and he’s made that salary with his long-term team, Stewart-Haas Racing.
Like Denny Hamlin, next up in the rankings, 2023 is the last year on Harvick’s current contract.
2. Denny Hamlin, Joe Gibbs Racing: $13,100,000
Denny Hamlin, who races for Joe Gibbs Racing, has made a respectable $13,100,000 salary, commanding that type of pay because he’s another consistent winner.
Hamlin’s contract with Joe Gibbs Racing ended in 2023, but the two will likely agree to a new contract. A new deal should pay him similarly, as he’s made around $13 million a year since 2014, according to Spotrac.
1. Kyle Busch, Richard Childress Racing: $16,900,000
Kyle Busch has earned $16,900,000 in 2023 from his salary. That makes him No. 1 among the highest-paid NASCAR drivers, and he has created separation between himself and the rest of the field. He’s made almost $4,000,000 more than the runner-up.
Busch left his long-term team, Joe Gibbs Racing, in 2022 and signed with Richard Childress Racing for the 2023 season. But even without continuity, he’s likely making more than $16.9M when factoring in his many sponsorship deals.
Now, here’s a brief look at the other highest-paid NASCAR drivers in 2023:
- Joey Logano, Team Penske: $9,000,000
- Kyle Larson, Hendrick Motorsports: $8,000,000
- Chase Elliott, Hendrick Motorsports: $8,000,000
- Kurt Busch, 23XI Racing: $7,500,000
- Daniel Suárez, Trackhouse Racing Team: $4,500,000
- Alex Bowman, Hendrick Motorsports: $4,500,000
- Ryan Newman, Rick Ware Racing: $4,000,000
- Michael McDowell, Front Row Motorsports: $3,700,000
- Austin Dillon, Richard Childress Racing: $3,500,000
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr., JTG Daugherty Racing: $3,000,000
- Aric Almirola, Stewart-Haas Racing: $2,500,000
- Erik Jones, Petty GMS Motorsports: $2,300,000
- Bubba Wallace, 23XI Racing: $2,200,000
- Ross Chastain, Trackhouse Racing Team: $2,100,000
- Ryan Blaney, Team Penske: $1,900,000
- William Byron, Hendrick Motorsports: $1,850,000
- Ryan Preece, Stewart-Haas Racing: $1,600,000
- Chris Buescher, Roush Fenway Keselowski Racing: $1,500,000
- Tyler Reddick, Richard Childress Racing: $1,300,000
- Chase Briscoe, Stewart-Haas Racing: $1,200,000