The NHL (National Hockey League), for better and worse, is famous for its fights on the rink. While arguments between players occasionally happen in other sports such as basketball and football, they’re a regular and often infamous occurrence during hockey matches, with plenty of punch ups, blood, and broken bones to show for it in the most extreme cases.
So, for historical highlights of the past, updates on the latest fights of the season, and info on each and every riot that erupts in the rink, find all of the news you need on bloody brawls seen in the NHL here!
Famous NHL Fights:
- Bob Probert (Detroit Red Wings) vs. Kevin Maguire (Buffalo Sabres) in 1987
- Bob Probert (Detroit Red Wings) vs. Marty McSorley (Pittsburgh Penguins) in 1994
- Donald Brashear (Philadelphia Flyers) vs. Rob Ray (Ottawa Senators) in 2004
- Donald Brashear (Washington Capitals) vs. Georges Laraque (Pittsburgh Penguins) in 2007
- Riley Cote (Philadelphia Flyers) vs. Shawn Thornton (Boston Bruins) in 2008
This Player Has the Most Fighting Majors in NHL History
The 15 Most Hated Players in the NHL
NHL Targets Player Safety With 2019-20 Rule Changes